Most adults need to sleep for 7 to 8 hours of sleep each night, some need only 4 to 5 hours and some need 10 hours, you can know how many hours you need by not feeling sleepy all day long. Here are some tips to make you sleep better and avoid insomnia, but if they don’t make the insomnia disappear you have to consult a physician.
- Make yourself a routine to do everyday before sleeping- a warm bath, drinking a glass of milk, read for 10 minutes, or eat a small (not much) snack (like crackers and cheese).
- Don’t exercise during the last 3 to 4 hours before sleeping.
- Keep your bedroom dark and quiet when trying to sleep, to set yourself in the mood.
- Try to have regular life – wake up and sleep in the same time everyday.
- Do not eat, watch TV or use your computer in the bedroom.
- Try to avoid the use of caffeine (one cup in the morning is enough) and alcohol.
- Avoid sleeping with pets.
- Try to reduce the stress in your life, especially before bed time and avoid late work hours.
- Do not have a nap during the day.
- Make sure that the mattress is healthy and comfortable.
- Keep yourself warm to avoid awaking during the night from cold weather.
- Fearing from insomnia can create insomnia.
- Wake up with the sun if you can, don’t sleep over.
Many people know what Insomnia could cause damage to the human. There are side effects that appear the very first morning like dark circles around the eyes, tiredness, lack of concentration, nervous and diminishing the man power. But the most dangerous side effect that take time to appear is heart problems.